Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If the Shoe Fits


I have a theory that people with the least manicured (well, I guess least pedicured) feet belong to people who keep them so unattractive as a sort of advertisement of their eco-friendliness. It’s sort of an in your face way for that person to show that he or she is “green” and therefore "cool".
Trimmed, pink-painted toes, exfoliated and tea-tree moisturized footsies in strappy heels=I felt bad about tossing a plastic soda bottle into the trash, but man that taco bell burrito was tasty...
Unclipped gnarly toe nails (with the second toe that always seems to be a foot longer than the big toe?!) and hairy feet that seem to have permanently fused with the barley-colored vegan flat sandals=I bike 40 miles each way to work in my hemp fabric clothing, eat fair-trade couscous for lunch, and I think anyone who doesn’t is a jerk...
I’d prefer these granolas just put their beliefs on a t-shirt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, a girl from DC (who's in Cairo this summer studying Arabic) came into our office yesterday with the gnarleyist teeth, hair, and everything. She was totally one of those Westerners who wears like, safari gear or something while walking around Cairo. And her sandals...so granola. I actually thought of how you would have reacted to her.