Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Agua, Por Favor!


With a heat index in the triple digits today, I struggled during my ten minute walk from work to the gym, carrying my gym bag and huge purse full of daily essentials. Already sweating five minutes in, I started to climb the last block (which, okay, has maybe a 2% incline) and became overwhelmed with thirst. I wasn't sure I could make it the last leg without a stop at Micky D's for a grande fountain diet coke. As I waited to cross the street, I glanced down and saw a teeny bird swoop down. I immediately felt at one with nature when the bird resorted to lapping up some dirty stagnant street water than had collected in a crack in the pavement. As gross as it seems, I sympathized with that bird and felt a bit jealous as he refreshed himself. Man it was that toasty...
(This blog entry is dedicated to my loyal reader Doodle, who believes I can regain creativity after my June hell month at work...)

1 comment:

Doodle said...

Aww thanks! : ) I wanted to come by sooner but my computer died about a week ago and I just recently got it back. It seems like it gets hotter every summer. I hate having to seriously avoid going outside. I'm considering migrating to Canada.