Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day


My first post on my first blog coincidentally coincides with the new Nationals Stadium opening. I don't really have any desire to deal with the metro-ing to see a game there--I heard it's a nightmare. Alas, my beau will inevitably sucker me into going to see the Mets play by reminding me of how much I love cotton candy. I hope they have cotton candy at the stadium--Ben's Chili Bowl is good and all, but I'm not sure how appealing that will be in 100 degree summer heat.
For the rest of you DC-ers, I saw a woodpecker pecking away on a tree on Connecticut Avenue on Sunday. WTF? It was so National Geographic AND it looked EXACTLY like Woody Woodpecker. Has anyone else seen crazy wildlife in the District lately?

1 comment:

Daniela said...

I haven't seen any DC wildlife - as I'm not there - but my parents sent me a picture of some parrots that landed in their backyard tree and were eating these weird looking seed things. Wildlife abound!

The only wildlife in NYC is drunkards. Like this wasted woman who yelled at me the other night and really scared me. Also, there are lots of small dogs in sweaters.